Saturday, June 2, 2007

Introductions

Hello to anyone viewing this blog for the first time.

This blog was started by me as a venture to help promote my solo game project called "Sahaquiel." Hopefully I'll be recording progress made in development and you all can see how ballistic my methods are compared to the big dogs who actually have experience in this field besides years of hobby work. Similarly, I can't make any promises about how frequently I'll bring this blog up to date; since this blog hinges on me having free time during game-development, which hinges on me having free time during life :P.

On to the game itself.

You can see the game in action here courtesy of google video, the owners of which consequentialy made this blog possible, which I find a bit funny (funny ha ha not funny wierd.)

Sahaquiel is a a traditional top-down shooter with a twist, your ship isn't equipped with onboard weapons for the most part, just a set of manipulators it can use to grab and handle objects. What objects the player manipulates to defeat the enemy is up to them and what's at their disposal, giant mecha firearms, stray drones, missile bodies (which make lovely clubs for smacking things.)
The aftermath of this system's been pretty good amongst the pinched group I've tested it with, mostly my classmates in Robotics 1, who have had a great deal of fun smashing the living snot out of the enemy or otherwise making things explode. Hopefully the trailer illustrates the fun I intended the game-play system to have.

In the next post, I'll bring everyone up to speed on the nearly half a year the game's been in development.

No comments: